The New Way to Sell Group
Over dependence on inbound RFPs as a “strategy” for selling group is a recipe for under-performance and that is what we are seeing in the market today. This is underscored by sales leaders remarking on how the winddown of the historic growth cycle is causing shortfalls in their group business. They are left with sales teams that have subpar proactive prospecting skills and struggle to make up the difference.
Knowland is supporting the industry’s return to a Proactive Group Sales Strategy with the expansion of the Knowland platform and creation of new capabilities, like SmartSearch, which puts the Group Sales Department back in control of group sales pipeline, revenue, and profits.
If you want to empower your sales teams to win more share in softening economic times and for all economic times, then start subscribing to this list of New Ways to Sell Group. Below is the snapshot. You can download the full list here.
Old Way to Sell Group
- Expecting to hit your group target solely off of inbound RFPs
- Thinking calling into lost or turndown business as a proactive sales strategy is a good idea
- Not making proactive outbound selling a priority
- Only calling prospects once a quarter in a call blitz
New Way to Sell Group
- Hitting your revenue and profit targets with a Proactive Group Sales Strategy
- Thinking deploying your best salespeople against the toughest group segment is a good idea
- Dedicating and protecting time each day for proactive selling
- Regularly sourcing the “hidden gem” accounts that you would never have found that are ideal fits for your property
If you want to maximize your hotels’ group business earning potential, then contact us today to start that process.