Sales Calculator for Hotel Sales Teams
Know the value of selling time
The sales calculator was designed to help sales team members determine and communicate the value of their selling time and apply that insight to achieve their revenue goals faster. Each salesperson has different performance metrics resulting in different outcomes. This comparison across the team allows sales leaders to see the relative value of time spent selling for each contributor.
Here’s how to use it:
- First, enter the Salesperson’s name at the top of the column, or leave it generic.
- Click into each of the white boxes to enter performance metrics for that seller.Values will calculate automatically. Refer to tool tips for an explanation of the field.
- Click “Add a salesperson” to insert another column for the next salesperson’s metrics.
- When you are finished entering data for your team, take a screen capture to share.
- Click “Reset the calculator” to clear your entries from the interactive calculator.
Note: The data you enter is private and not visible to others. It is stored in your browser so if you refresh your screen, the data is cleared.
What Does This Mean for You?
This calculator provides insight across multiple levels for your organization.
- For sellers, it sets the expectation of what they need to do to achieve their goals. It creates achievable and realistic numbers to help them understand the time commitment required to be successful.
- For sales leaders, it helps clarify where each seller’s strengths lie and how to help if they don’t achieve their goals. If a seller is great at setting appointments but has a low, close percentage, coach them through how to qualify proposals better to achieve better close rates.
- For operations, they can begin to understand the cost of derailing prospecting time. The calculator reveals the opportunity cost for time lost to non-selling activities. For every hour your property seller isn’t on the phone, that’s potential lost revenue.