As travel rebounds, attracting visitors to a destination will be paramount for market recovery. That’s where the local convention and visitors bureau (CVB) steps in to promote your city and drive visitation to boost local business revenue and hotel occupancy.
Your CVB is an important resource and maximizing that relationship can make the difference in how fast your hotel recovers.
In a recent article by Knowland’s Carleigh Dworetzky in Hotel Management, she lays out the top five things CVBs should do to support their hotel partners – and what you can do to stay top of mind with your CVB:
- Promote the attractiveness of the destination (and your hotel by association)
- Help your hotel build relationships with key organizations planning events in the destination
- Keep your hotel updated on local availability and compression events
- Be transparent – on everything from CVB initiatives, citywide calendars and rate trends
- Promote your property so you stand out from the other properties the CVB supports
Read the full article here and share these tips with your sales and marketing team.
If you’re a hotelier who’s ready to take advantage of the surge in travel demand, schedule a demo with one of our prospecting pros. We’ll ensure you have a proactive sales strategy to maximize meeting revenue so you can accelerate into recovery.