September event volume increased 21.7 percent compared with last year
ARLINGTON, Va. — Oct. 5, 2023 — Knowland, the world’s leading provider of data-as-a-service insights on meetings and events for hospitality, reports Nashville has seen the highest percent growth at 30.7 percent, with Los Angeles coming in at 22.3 percent over 2022. For the top five performing markets, National Associations took the lead, with Healthcare, Education, and Weddings leading as top industry growth drivers. This data is sourced from Knowland’s sales intelligence platform designed to help hoteliers build and protect a hotel’s revenue base.
Nashville’s growth was stimulated by the Healthcare and Technology industry segments, representing 34 percent of the corporate events in the market. The average number of attendees for Nashville meetings was 101, and the average meeting space used was over 2,692 sq ft. As Los Angeles hoteliers continued talks with strike workers, the market still grew over 2022.
- Year-over-year comparison – September 2023 event volume increased 21.7 percent over September 2022.
- Top five markets (by event volume growth percent) – Nashville led the top 25 U.S. markets with Healthcare meetings, followed by Technology. The following four markets, Los Angeles/Long Beach, Oahu Island, HI, Las Vegas, and Denver, rounded out the top five growth markets. Below is additional insight into the top drivers for these markets.
- Nashville: Healthcare, Technology, National Association, Financial/Banking, and Manufacturing.
- Los Angeles-Long Beach: Education, Charity/Non-Profit, Healthcare, National Association, and Training/Education.
- Oahu Island: Wedding, Travel, National Association, Education, and Military.
- Las Vegas: National Association, Technology, Training/Education, Wedding, and Charity/Non-Profit.
- Denver: National Association, HealthCare, Education, Technology, and Financial/Banking
- Top markets outside the top 25 (by event volume percentage growth) – The top overall U.S. markets by year-over-year growth in meetings and events were Lexington, KY, Louisville, KY-IN, Madison, WI, Bergen-Passaic, NJ, Jacksonville, FL, and Memphis, TN-AR-MS.
About the Data: This data is provided to help hoteliers still building momentum gain insight into the top locations selected by today’s meeting planners. This information about the leading industry drivers provides a clear picture of those groups that are returning to the meeting and event space. Insights presented are a result of the analysis of meetings and events data acquired through Knowland data collection and aggregation methods, including field reporting and automated methods of customer and non-customer data collection in primary, secondary, and tertiary markets, as well as its large historical database.
Knowland is the world’s leading provider of data-as-a-service insights on meetings and events for hospitality. With the industry’s largest historical database of actualized events, thousands of customers trust Knowland to sell group smarter and maximize their revenue. Knowland operates globally and is headquartered just outside Washington, DC. To learn more about our solutions, visit www.knowland.com or follow us on Twitter @knowlandgroup.